2011年11月17日星期四

Concept Brief


Concept Brief
             When I considered about my final work and have no inspiration, I thought that maybe other students are also considering about their final work. Then through my conversation with my friends, I found my thought is true, for example, one of my friend who majored in architecture didn’t sleep for more than thirty-six hours to do his work, although it is not the final work. It curious me a lot, so I decided my final project to be about other people’s final project. I would focus on students in other majors, for example, fashion design or architecture, and record how they preparing their final project. Also, if possible, I may interview those who don’t need to do final project but have important final exams about their situation and their mood towards the final exam.

Three approaches.
1.     I could make it a serious research video: several students sit in the same sofa in the public space of my dorm and talk about their project or final exam. I can ask them totally same questions and cut each person’s talk to individual questions than gather those pieces by questions. What’s more, through the continuous change of people, my work can be very rhythmic.
2.     I could just record their Unfinished works as the video, and add their introduce to the project as background sound. No body would appear in this video and the work is simply emphasis on the projects.
3.     Then I think I can use the skill of montage, for example, combining the pictures of people with their project, the individual projects with close shots and long shots, and the video of rotating. About the background sound, I would record the sound of people’s working on their project, for example, the sound of cut the plastic board and the weak sound of putting the scissors- I noticed those sounds when I was record for my sound research, but I they are not appropriate for that piece of work, I hope they can work very well this time.
I would select the studios that my interviewee working on- the architecture studio and the warehouse- or their own dorm room to do my research after ask those interviewee for permission (I think they take charge of their own studio desk and dorm room.)
I can use interviewee’s studio lamps to make a high contrast of light and construct in order to photograph their work beautiful. Actually my friends do this before and it really makes sense (They are good photographer so I can ask them for help if I really cannot handle this, since I’m not very good at photography)
I think the biggest snag is that what I got is not what I really want, for example, every one has the same feeling about their final work and says the similar words so that my work could not interest my viewers. If that happened unfortunately, I would focus much less on people’s feeling about their final work but more on individual projects, because even if all of them feel tired and think they are really doing heavy works, they could have totally different ideas about their work.

Timeline I am going to travel to the New York City on the first half of the thanksgiving break. And I would begin to do my interview after I come back. The interview may cost me two to three days so I still have time to work on editing by the end of the break. Then I may found some pieces don’t work or found some interesting inspiration (I guess those situations are likely to happen.) So I have to do my research again and finish them before the next class, in order to work on it with fewer problems on the next class. Finally, the last week is for me to improve the video, I may consider the details more in this week.

没有评论:

发表评论